According to Mark Roemer Oakland, routine kitchen maintenance is essential in order to keep it functional and looking good for years. Unfortunately, many people simply don’t have the energy or the time required to perform kitchen maintenance tasks every day. Fortunately, it is possible to create a kitchen that requires less maintenance than standard kitchens.
Tips & Tricks
Here are a few design tips you can follow to create a low-maintenance kitchen:
- Invest in smart flooring options and easy-to-clean countertops – Kitchen floors and countertops tend to get dirty over time due to the build-up of dirt, grease, and accidental spills. Cleaning kitchen floors and countertops are not only a tedious task but also requires a lot of effort. Investing in smart flooring options and easy-to-clean countertops can save you a ton of effort and time in kitchen cleaning tasks.
For instance, you can choose kitchen flooring options that include ceramic tiles, linoleum, laminates, vinyl, or even hardwood since these are easy to clean and can be maintained well with less effort.
For kitchen countertops, maintenance-free materials such as stainless steel, granite, and quartz are popular options since these don’t require too much scrubbing to clean efficiently.
- Consider full-length flat-front cabinets – It is difficult to clean kitchen cabinets with intricate designs since these contain surfaces that attract and hold dust and crumbs. On the other hand, kitchen cabinets with flat-front are easier to clean since you can simply wipe them with a wet cloth.
Ceiling to floor cabinets are also a popular design choice since these offer you more space for your kitchen items and are fairly easy to clean and maintain.
- Choose stainless steel appliances – Stainless steel appliances are durable, look aesthetically pleasing, and are easier to clean as well. However, they do tend to attract fingerprints. We suggest you opt for fingerprint-resistant stainless-steel appliances to minimize the amount of cleaning required to keep them looking beautiful and tidy.
- Consider an open space kitchen layout – Open space kitchen layouts are much more functional since it is easier to work in kitchens that look and feel spacious. Plus, they also allow more light to enter your kitchen and illuminates the kitchen space better. As a result, it is easier to notice dirt spots and clean them efficiently in open kitchen spaces.
- Install a kitchen sink with a flush surface – It is crucial to install a kitchen sink that is easy to clean since it is the part of the kitchen where you wash your dirty kitchen utensils. If the kitchen sink is not easy to clean it can quickly become a nightmare for you.
Kitchen sinks with an under-mount design are easier to clean than traditional designs since they remain flush with the countertop and can be cleaned with a simple wipe.
Mark Roemer Oakland suggests you follow these tips to create a low-maintenance kitchen. It is also recommended that you select a reputed kitchen remodeling company for the kitchen remodeling project in order to get the best deals.